British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 to Study in Scotland
The initiation of applications for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 to Study in Scotland has been happily announced by the British Council in conjunction with the Scotland SGSAH. These scholarships aim to foster international research collaborations between Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers and Scottish Institutions.
The British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships program’s objective is to highlight the significance and actions of environmental arts and humanities, along with the arts and cultural sector, in tackling the climate emergency. It also emphasizes their potential for interdisciplinary research across Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM). The Postgraduate scholarship is a full funding opportunity you can’t afford to miss.
The scholarship aims to establish research prospects and global mobility that will foster innovative methods to confront the worldwide climate crisis. Additionally, it will back sustainable research and promote cultural exchanges within and beyond the realms of arts, humanities, and culture.
The initiative is set to offer scholarships to PhD and Early Career Researchers who are located outside the UK. These individuals will have the opportunity to engage in on-site and blended exchanges for a maximum of three months in 2024. The focus of these exchanges will be in the field of environmental arts and humanities. As part of the research placements, there will be a two-week in-person core leadership program in April 2024, fostering collaboration and networking among all recipients and Scottish scholars. This program will be complemented by a series of Clusters that are centered around specific themes and geographical regions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
Host Institution(s): Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Eligibility for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 to Study in Scotland:
- Applicants must be a PhD and early career researchers registered or graduated from a non-UK university who are working with the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access networks and resources of a host higher education institute.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Applicants must be early career researchers and must be within 1 year of notification of the award of their Ph.D.
Method of Application for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 to Study in Scotland:
Prospective candidates interested in the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarship are required to fill out an online application via the SGSAH’s web-based platform. Applicants should provide the following documents:
- A full research proposal; and details of how you will benefit from Cluster membership, cohort-building, training, and development activities.
- A budget and justification of resources.
- A CV (up to 4pp).
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp).
- A letter of support from the proposed Host Institution (Head of Department or equivalent) (up to 2pp)
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.