Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023 Application
The University of Amsterdam often shortened as UvA is delighted to invite as well as welcome highly intelligent international students which are mainly from all countries outside the EU/EEA region and wishes to further their academic pursuit in the Netherlands to take a chance by applying for their ongoing Merit Scholarship (AMS) for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The scholarship programme is a fully funded program which covers the full tuition fee and living expenses for the first year of each successful student, with the possibility of the student to apply for an extension of the award from the second year (for two-year Master’s programmes). The program is opened for both undergraduates and postgraduates, thus making it one of the biggest study scheme delivered by the institution.
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Hence, students who are awarded an AMS are expected to complete their first year of study with good results (at least 40 ECTS) in order to receive the scholarship for the second year as well.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Amsterdam (UvA)
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Host Institution(s): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Nationality: International students (non-EU/EEA)
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) program:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information please refer to duo.nl).
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
Application Procedures for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023 Application (How to apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected to apply for the scholarship program by following the below procedure;
- Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice. On your application form we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfill all requirements mentioned above.
- Furthermore, you should include a paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career.
- After applying, the coordinators of the MSc Programmes decide which students qualify to apply for the scholarship. All students will be informed as soon as possible
Application Deadline: 15 January
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.