Africa Scholarship Programme 2024 at Wageningen University And Research
Suitably qualified African students who are looking to pursue their master’s degree studies in the Netherlands without breaking the bank are invited to submit an application for the Africa Scholarship Programme 2024 at Wageningen University And Research for the 2024/2025 academic session.
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) provides talented and driven students from Africa with an exclusive chance to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University, contributing to capacity-building initiatives in Africa. This Master’s scholarship covers all the travel expenses, living expenses and so much more.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is a renowned Dutch institution that combines both academic and research components. Established in the city of Wageningen, it is particularly known for its focus on agriculture, life sciences, and environmental studies. The university plays a crucial role in addressing global challenges related to food production, sustainable agriculture, and the environment. Wageningen University offers a diverse range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs, emphasizing interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The research conducted at Wageningen University & Research covers a wide spectrum of topics, contributing to advancements in agriculture, food science, environmental sciences, and related fields.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wageningen University & Research
Host Institution(s): Wageningen University & Research in Netherlands
- Travel to and from The Netherlands
- Living allowance for the duration of the program (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the program (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Africa Scholarship Programme 2024 at Wageningen University And Research:
- Applicants must be a citizens of an African country.
- Applicants must have applied for one of the master’s programs of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s program?
- Applicants must be unconditionally admitted to this MSc program.
- Applicants must be excellent and a proven top 5% student with a First class honors degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor’s degree.
Steps of the Selection Procedure for the Africa Scholarship Programme 2024 at Wageningen University And Research:
Invitation to apply: During March 2024, an evaluation will be conducted for all students who have received unconditional admission to an MSc program at Wageningen University concerning their eligibility for the Africa Scholarship Programme.
On March 21, 2024, a specific set of candidates will receive email invitations to engage in the ASP selection process. Please note that only individuals invited to participate in the selection procedure will receive communication via email.
The assignment: Invitations will be extended to the chosen candidates to complete an assignment, with the deadline set for April 4, 2024.
Online interview: Following a comprehensive review of all submitted assignments, a reduced number of candidates will receive invitations for online interviews with a segment of the selection committee. Applicants who have submitted assignments will be notified on April 17, 2024, regarding whether they are selected for an online interview.
The interviews are scheduled to occur between April 23 and May 3, 2024. On May 13, 2024, the outcomes of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who underwent interviews.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be granted
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be granted
Method of Application for the Africa Scholarship Programme 2024 at Wageningen University And Research:
Should you meet the aforementioned criteria and have submitted an application for an MSc program by the specified deadline, you may qualify for an invitation to participate in the Africa Scholarship Programme selection process.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s program?
A list of Wageningen University MSc programs can be found here.
An application at Wageningen University consists of two steps:
- Submit an application request in Studielink
- Upload your documents in the application portal Osiris
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.