WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria
Two 12-month Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowship positions at the Department of Anaesthesia at National Hospital Abuja, Nigeria, are being offered as part of the Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA) initiative, beginning September 2023. Educational instruction will be provided by local experts and specialist visitors.
PATA is led and supported by local sources, such as the WFSA, and the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists, and partners with expertise in the fields of global surgery and anaesthesia, including Smile Train and the Vanderbilt University Medical Centre. This scholarship offers funding that will cover tuition fees, housing costs, and living expenses for those who are selected. Applications are being accepted now. Priority will be given to young and upcoming anesthesiologists.
Eligibility for the WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria:
- Applicants must be registered and practising medical practitioners in their country of origin.
- Applicants must have a keen interest in paediatric anaesthesia and teaching.
- Applicants must have completed residency training in Anaesthesia.
- Applicants must be supported in their application by their national anaesthesiology society which must be a member society of the WFSA.
- Applicants must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Applicants must be returning to their home country to a recognised post.
- Applicants should ideally be working in a teaching hospital.
Method of Application for the WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria:
Interested applicants should apply online via the application platform. Select Chapter ‘Fellowships’ and Category ‘PATA Abuja Fellowship 2023’. Applicants should also submit the following documents below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Current practising licence from the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Copy of photograph page of passport
- Recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
- Certificate of registration with the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
Applicants who meet the requirements will need to participate in an interview. Those chosen for the position will receive an email on June 1, 2023, notifying them of their acceptance. Applicants who have been selected for the scholarship must confirm their acceptance within 3 days of being informed, or the offer will be given to the next candidate.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.