University of Helsinki International Scholarship 2022 in Finland
The University of Helsinki is currently urging high intelligent international students who wish to take up a study degree in Finland to enroll for their ongoing International Scholarship programme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship exercise is a very competitive one as such candidate’s previous academic records will play a very vital role in the success of the the applicant. It’s mainly for fresh graduates, and other termed as one of their best masters scholarship programme in the school. The programme encompasses a full tuition weaver, meaning it’s a fully funded type of program, and stipends with other benefits will be inclusive.
Scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who want to complete a Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki. Duration of the scholarship is two years. For all scholarships, students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year) to fulfill the requirements of the scholarship. After the first study year, the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Helsinki, Finland
Host Institution(s): University of Helsinki, Finland
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 University of Helsinki International Scholarship;
- Interested applicant must be an international student.
- Interested applicant must have completed a bachelors degree program or it’s equivalent in a reputable school.
- Interested applicant must be eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- You are liable for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees. You can check the FAQ at the Studyinfo website as to whether or not you are required to pay tuition fees.
- You meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
The scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of academic overall assessment: Previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, in addition to which the grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications will be taken into consideration.
You may receive a scholarship only in a category you have applied for, but you can apply for more than one scholarship category.
- The Master’s programme conducts an academic assessment of your degree application and your scholarship application.
- The Master’s programme makes a proposal to the Scholarship Committee concerning the scholarship application.
- The Scholarship Committee makes the final decision on the scholarship.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter with the information about your scholarship status.
- Fully Funded Grant (Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR)
- Full Tuition fee Grant
- Student Union (HYY) membership fee including
- free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
- student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- reductions in public transport
- Unisport services at low prices.
- The University of Helsinki offers all scholarship winners the option to take part in the University of Helsinki Student Ambassador Programme.
Application Process for the University of Helsinki International Scholarship 2022;
Interested applicants who meets the above criteria are expected to follow the steps below for successful application.
- Find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Master’s programmes page
- See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments.
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
- Submit all the required attachments.
Application Deadline: November 4, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.