The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program for law students
The World Bank is inviting highly motivated law students who are enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, Ph.D., or equivalent legal academic program to submit applications for the Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program that offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and the latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program is offered three times a year for a period of a maximum of three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and in some selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students with the aim to provide interns with first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of its team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, interns will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as take part in high-profile events and conferences organized during the internship period.
SEE ALSO: 2023 Global Health Corps Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowship Program
Eligibility for The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program for law students:
- Applicants must hold citizenship of any IBRD member state.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, Ph.D., or equivalent legal academic program.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of the English language.
- Applicants with good knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish as a second language will be given preference.
- Applicants must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions.
- Applicants must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
- Applicants must cater for their medical insurance and any cost arising from accidents or illness during the internship period and must show proof of valid major global medical insurance coverage.
Method of Application for The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program for law students:
Interested applicants must submit the required documents below via the official link.
- Statement of Interest.
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency.
SEE ALSO: University of Alberta 2023 President’s International Distinction Scholarships in Canada
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.