South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2023
The South African Reserve Bank is inviting postgraduates to participate in its one-year Graduate Development Programme starting in 2024. This training programme offers a number of learning opportunities through the SARB Academy and is seeking highly driven and productive individuals to join.
Successful graduates of the South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2023 will be assigned to the Business Solutions and Technology Department at the SARB Academy from January to December 2024. Throughout their program, they will receive specialized training at the SARB Academy, with the possibility of a Data Science track. During this track, they will spend part of their time working in a Data Lab on various projects.
The South African Reserve Bank works to ensure the economic welfare of citizens by controlling prices and keeping the financial sector secure. It is tasked with managing interest rates, distributing banknotes and coins, setting the amount of money banks have to keep in reserve, and safeguarding the banking industry and the entire financial system.
Eligibility for the South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2023:
- Applicants must have completed a postgraduate degree.
- Applicants must have attained an average of over 65% in their final year.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policymaking.
- Applicants must have a proven track record of academic excellence.
- Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be curious and keen learners.
Eligible Courses for the South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2023:
Economics, Econometrics, Research, Policy Analysis, Modelling, Public finance, Accounting, Auditing, Statistics, Financial management, Information technology, Law, Portfolio or investment management, Mathematics, Quantitative analysis, Business analysis, Project management, Risk management (operational and financial risk), Treasury, Economics and international relations.
Method of Application for the South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2023:
- Internal applicants must apply through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- External applicants must apply online, via the official portal.
Applicants must include a copy of their academic transcripts and their identity document with their application.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.