Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 at Swansea University, UK
Swansea University in the United Kingdom is calling on international students who wish to further their academic pursuit in Britain to enroll for their ongoing fully funded Sanctuary Scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The Sanctuary Scholarship is funded by the Swansea University and is aimed at supporting financially challenged students who wish to study in the UK as it offers equal opportunities in higher education as well as the benchmark for the student to reach their full potential and ambitions. The programme will only support one postgraduate taught master’s student each academic year meaning that eligible student won’t have to pay for the tuition fee.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swansea University, UK
Host Institution(s): Swansea University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition cover + other benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 Sanctuary Scholarship:
- Interested applicant must be someone seeking Asylum in the UK
- You have been granted discretionary leave to remain or Humanitarian Protection
- You are the partner/dependent included on the application of an asylum seeker in the UK
- You have a conditional or unconditional offer from Swansea University for entry in September 2022 onto a postgraduate taught master’s degree course.
- You meet the minimum IELTS requirement attached to your offer of a place on the course, and all other conditions of your offer, and you agree to undertake a SWELTS test to determine your IELTS status as part of the application process if necessary.
- You have been assessed by the University’s Admissions Team as a person seeking asylum and therefore classified as an international student.
- You have been assessed by the University’s Compliance and International@CampusLife Team as a person seeking asylum with the right to study in the UK
- You are currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group, which can provide a reference in support of your application
- You live within suitable distance to easily commute to university (A Swansea Bay bus pass forms part of the scholarship award).
- You do not require support for accommodation and living expenses.
Applicants must meet ALL of these strict eligibility criteria and be in a position to verify their circumstances in order to apply before the scholarship closing date of 4pm on Thursday 30th June, 2022. Applicants who do not meet all of the criteria will not be considered eligible for the scholarship. Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility to apply are encouraged to contact SanctuaryScholarship@Swansea.ac.uk for further guidance.
A full tuition fee bursary, to cover the cost of postgraduate taught master’s course fees.
Additional funds will be available to help towards course related costs such as travel to and from University, subsistence costs, digital equipment and books.
Application Process for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022
Interested applicants who meets all the above eligibility criteria are expected to submit application with the below documents to the email SanctuaryScholarship@swansea.ac.uk
- Sanctuary Scholarship Application Form
- A personal statement
- A copy of your Swansea University offer letter
- A letter of reference from a person of good standing who is aware of your circumstances and can verify your suitability to study a Postgraduate Taught Masters’ degree (for example a teacher or former teacher, a member of a community group or organisation that has been supporting you, etc).
- Evidence of your current immigration status/pending status*
Application Deadline: 30 June 2022.
For more details about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.