Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023 at University of Greenwich
The University of Greenwich in the UK is currently accepting applications for its Postgraduate Research Scholarship Program 2023. This scholarship opportunity is designed for exceptional international students who wish to pursue specific research programs at the University.
The selected candidate(s) for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023 at Greenwich will be engaged in a project focused on exploring the lattice Boltzmann Modelling of Disease Outbreaks, specifically targeting Covid-19. Their main objective will be to develop stochastic lattice Boltzmann equations (LBEs) to solve mechanistic models of disease transmission. The goal of this Master’s scholarship and Ph.D. scholarship is to identify correlations between spatially dependent parameters and the dissemination of infectious diseases.
The University of Greenwich is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1890 as Woolwich Polytechnic and later became Thames Polytechnic before being granted university status in 1992. The main campus is situated on the banks of the River Thames in Greenwich, a historic area known for its maritime heritage and the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The university is known for its strong emphasis on applied research and practical education. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including business, engineering, computing, health, social sciences, arts, and humanities. The University of Greenwich has a diverse and multicultural student body, attracting students from different parts of the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Host Institution(s): The University of Greenwich in the UK
Scholarship Worth: £15,285
Number of Awards: Not Specific
Nationality: International students
Eligibility for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023 at University of Greenwich:
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for master’s & Ph.D. programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences offered by the University.
- This scholarship may require Academic Technology Approval Scheme approval for the successful candidate if from outside of the EU/EEA.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. project research proposal that is related to the research area
- Applicants must have independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Applicants must demonstrate a capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team.
- Applicants must demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility, and confidence.
- English Language Requirement: For those whose first language is not English and/or if from a country where English is not the majority spoken language (as recognized by the UKBA), a language proficiency score of at least IELTS 6.5 (in all elements of the test) or an equivalent UK VISA and Immigration secure English Language Test is required, unless the degree above was taught in English and obtained in a majority English speaking country, e.g. UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc, as recognized by the UKBA.
Method of Application for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023 at University of Greenwich:
To be considered for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023 at University of Greenwich, all eligible and interested candidates must first apply online for a study place at the university. After completing the study place application, they will automatically be assessed for eligibility for the scholarship. No other application method will be taken into consideration for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Reference Number (Ref)– included in the personal statement section together with your personal statement as to why you are applying
- A research proposal related to the subject topic.
- CV including 2 referees
- Academic qualification certificates/transcripts and IELTs/English Language certificate if you are an international applicant if English is not your first language or you are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language as defined by the UK Border Agency.
Applicants are required to upload their qualifications in the designated section of the application form, and the attachments must be in PDF format. Before finalizing the application submission, it is advised to communicate with the Lead Supervisor regarding the information provided above.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.