NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2022/2023 for South Africans
The German Academic Exchange Service commonly known as DAAD in collaboration with the National Research Foundation (NRF) have issued a publication as they invites South African young leaders who wish to further their academics in masters or PhD studies in the SA to partake on their In-Country Scholarship programme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
Just as the name stands, the In-country scholarship programme is fully funded and awarded by NRF-DAAD to high intellectual students from South Africa who wishes to take on a full time study program for either Master scholarship or PhD scholarship irrespective of the field of study. Successful applicant will have the choose to school in any University in the country, and is mainly for applicants who would like to gain research experience in South Africa and Germany.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD/NRF
Host Institution(s): South African Universities
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding + Other Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: South Africans
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for South Africans;
- Interested applicant must be willing to enroll for either a Master’s or PhD degree studies at any South African Universities
- Interested applicant must be a South African citizen or a permanent South African resident.
- Interested applicant must not be above 32 years of age.
- Interested applicant must have a bachelors degree certificate or it’s equivalent.
NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship holders are eligible for exciting funding and networking opportunities in addition to the scholarship they have received for their full-time Master or PhD degree in South Africa:
1. Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for a short term research stay to Germany.
2. Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for one of five interdisciplinary summer schools offered in Germany during their funding period:
- University of Frankfurt – Environmental and Remote Sensing Data Analysis via Geospatial Technologies in Research and Teaching (29th August – 7th October 2022)
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) – Education and Research orientated Training in Health Sciences (1st August – 23rd September 2022 – part-time)
- Heidelberg University – Enhancing Academic Qualifications in Teaching and Research in Global Health (15.07.-14.09.2022 – part time)
- University of Applied Sciences Cologne (TH Köln) – Climate Change Adaptation: Risk Assessment and Design of Interventions (CC-Adapt) (15th August – 15th September 2022)
- University of Leipzig – Innovators, Doers and Entrepreneurs [at] summer school (IDEAS) (Part 1: 27th – 1st July 2022; Part 2: 25th – 29th July 2022; Part 3: 17th – 28th October 2022; Virtual Conference: 9th – 11th November 2022)
3. The DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg invites 50 – 70 scholarship holders to take part in a networking conference in South Africa each year
Application Process for the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2022-2023;
Interested applicants who meets the above criteria above are expected to refer to the Manual for the NRF Connect System for applications. And access the NRF-DAAD Online Application Submission System to start application.
Application Deadline: 8 July 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.