Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship 2023 at Michigan State University
The Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship 2023 at Michigan State University is offered to African students with outstanding academic results who are interested in studying an undergraduate degree program, in the USA for the 2023/2024 academic session but require up to $1,000 t make their dreams come through.
The 2023 Undergraduate scholarship grants for African students offered by the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship are currently accepting applications. Interested applicants can apply for financial assistance towards tuition fees or other education-related expenses, such as research or dissertation writing. Additionally, proposals that cover personal, family, or education-related expenses will also be considered, as well as requests for partial support to attend professional conferences.
Michigan State University is a public research university located in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. It was founded in 1855 as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan, making it the first land-grant institution in the United States. Today, MSU is one of the largest universities in the United States, with more than 50,000 students and 5,000 faculty and staff members.
SEE ALSO: Microsoft Account Management Internship 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Michigan State University in the USA
Scholarship Worth: Up to $1,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship 2023 at Michigan State University:
- Applicants must be Africans.
- Applicants must be African students in good academic standing. (The grant has an emphasis on the educational enhancement of women)
- Applicants should be students on temporary visas.
- Applicants must describe the factors that suggest the likelihood of their returning to their home country.
- Applicants must have demonstrated the capacity to achieve their educational goals and have the assertiveness to seek further opportunities to advance their education.
Method of Application for the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship 2023 at Michigan State University:
Interested applicants should please send applications to Office for International Students and Scholars, 103 International Centre. The application consists of 2 parts, a narrative, and 2 supporting letters. Access the application form HERE.
Part I: Your narrative should be 3 single-spaced pages or less and should treat the following topics:
- General description of the applicant’s educational goals and the relationship of the proposed activities to those goals, (What you will do and why, where, and with whom).
- The specific purpose of the activities and the benefits likely in the short or long run to the student and the student’s home country.
- A budget outline detailing the expected costs of the activities and other confirmed or prospective funding from the university or outside sources to be received by the student during the time period of these activities.
Part II: Supporting letters
Two supporting letters are required, one from the applicant’s advisor or chairperson and another from a teacher of the applicant.
SEE ALSO: Overseas Development Institute (ODI) Fellowship Scheme 2023
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.