Halcyon Food & Agtech in Africa Intensive Fellowship 2023 for Entrepreneurs
Do you live and have your venture based in any African Union country? If yes, then submit an application for the Halcyon Food & Agtech in Africa Intensive Fellowship 2023 for Entrepreneurs and receive an amount worth up to $5,000 USD stipend.
Halcyon’s second fellowship in Africa is geared towards entrepreneurs who have creative solutions to improve the lives of farmers and make high-quality food more accessible to the most disadvantaged. This fellowship is devoted to supporting startups that are revolutionizing the food and agriculture industries. With the assistance of our partners at Amazon Web Services, S&R Evermay, and HR Sage, fellows will benefit from workshops, advisors, mentors, and more! This program will be held in a combination of virtual and in-person meetings, with three virtual meetings, a one-week residency at Halcyon, and a one-week residency in Nairobi.
SEE ALSO: DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships 2023 at TU Dortmund University in Germany
Eligibility for the Halcyon Food & Agtech in Africa Intensive Fellowship 2023 for Entrepreneurs:
- You must be located in or have your business venture based in a country belonging to the African Union.
- The applicant must have the authority to make the primary decisions regarding the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management, such as a CEO.
- It is necessary to dedicate oneself full-time to the project during the residency periods of August 21-25, 2023 in Washington D.C. and November 13-17, 2023 in Nairobi.
- Applicants must be able to physically attend monthly meetings and residency programming in both Washington, DC and Nairobi.
- Be able to speak English fluently.
- You must be 21 or older when the program begins.
- You can apply either by yourself or with a Co-Founder who meets the specified eligibility criteria.
- Be prepared to help Halcyon’s community members grow and thrive.
- The applicant(s) must come up with a unique concept.
- Your business must be related to food and/or agriculture.
- The product must have reached the minimum level of functionality to be considered a viable product.
- It must be a self-governing enterprise that is not governed by an existing organization.
- You must have a business plan in place to make money by selling a core product or service in a sustainable way.
- The venture must be a for-profit or hybrid venture, and its primary purpose must be to bring about measurable social and/or environmental change.
- It may not be a tax-exempt organization.
Program Features for the Halcyon Food & Agtech in Africa Intensive Fellowship 2023 for Entrepreneurs:
- A $5,000 USD per venture equity-free stipend to use toward travel expenses to attend the residencies
- One week-long residency at Halcyon’s facilities in Georgetown, Washington, DC
- One week long residency in Nairobi with a culminating event featuring pitches from each venture and connections to investors, advisors, and media
- Free workshops focused on investment readiness training and connections with relevant impact investors
- Honing storytelling and pitching
- Access to pro bono legal support, skills development, and mentorship
- $25,000 USD in Amazon Cloud credits
- Join a community of over 300 impact driven entrepreneurs
SEE ALSO: Department of Mathematics Scholarship 2023 at University of Manchester in UK
Application Deadline: April 28, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.