Grants for Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad 2023 to Study in Italy
MAECI is pleased to inform you that the Italian Government will offer scholarships and Grants for both foreign and Italian citizens residing abroad in the academic year 2023/2024. Grants for Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad 2023 to Study in Italy are available to encourage international collaboration in the areas of culture, science, and technology, promote the Italian language and culture, and aid in the development of Italy’s economy globally in compliance with Law 288/55 and its amendments.
Grants are offered to students enrolled in Italian educational institutions, either public or legally recognized, to complete their studies, research, and training programs. The Master’s scholarships and Ph.D. Scholarships are also available to those wishing to take academic courses in Italy. The length of the grant and the starting date will be communicated to the winners in the “Dichiarazione di assegnazione di borsa di studio” (Awarding Letter) from the relevant Italian diplomatic mission. This letter is an official document confirming the grant. Before the beginning of the grant, the grantee should complete the university enrollment process.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Italian Government
Host Institution(s): Accredited Italian educational institutions
Scholarship Worth: Equivalent of Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Eligibility for the Grants for Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad 2023 to Study in Italy:
- The application is open to all nationalities.
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid passport or identity card. They must upload a legible photocopy of the document at the time of registration, under penalty of exclusion.
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE) holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll at the Italian University/Institute.
- Applicants for the AFAM Programmes/Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses must have reached the age of 18 and must not be older than 28 years and 364 days by June 9th, 2022, with the exception of renewals.
- For those applying to Ph.D. Programs must be at least 18 years old and no more than 30 years and 364 days old on June 9th, 2023, unless they are applying for a renewal.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision must be 18 years of age or older and no more than 40 years old by June 9th, 2023.
- In order to enroll in a course taught in Italian, applicants must demonstrate that their Italian language skills meet the minimum B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- To enroll in a course taught in English, applicants must demonstrate their level of proficiency in the English language by submitting a language certificate. The minimum proficiency level accepted is B2, as outlined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Method of Application for the Grants for Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad 2023 to Study in Italy:
Interested applicants must register and submit an application on the Study in Italy platform at the official link to be eligible for Study in Italy Grants for both Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.