Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023 at Leiden University for International Students
Leiden University is currently accepting applications for the Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023 at Leiden University for International Students for the 2023/2024 academic session. This scholarship is specifically for Master’s degree programs. The scholarship is available to exceptional students who will be enrolling in a full-time Master’s degree program at Leiden University, except for LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs offered by Leiden Law School.
Applicants who have already completed a Master’s degree at Leiden University will not be eligible for the Master’s scholarship, unless they are applying for a Master’s program that requires a specific previous Master’s degree or work experience, such as LLM Advanced Studies programs. The LExS scholarship is granted for the entire duration of the study program and offers three different award levels.
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS scholarship does not cover the full cost of the program. Non-EEA recipients of the LExS scholarship must still provide “proof of sufficient funds” for their student visa/residence permit application.
Leiden University is a renowned research university located in the city of Leiden, Netherlands. It was established in 1575 and is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. The university offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines, including humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and medicine.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The LExS scholarship
Host Institution(s): Leiden University in the Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee of € 10,000 to € 15,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: International Student
Eligibility for the Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023 at Leiden University for International Students:
- Applicants for all Master’s programs at Leiden with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School.
Applicants must be non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s program at Leiden.
- Applicants of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Applicants must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study program (s), which must be relevant to the Master’s program for which they are applying.
- Eligible Programmes: The following faculties are eligible for the study scholarship: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, African Studies Centre, and International Institute for Asian Studies.
Method of Application for the Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023 at Leiden University for International Students:
To be eligible for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS), you are required to complete the following steps:
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.