African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023
Application submissions are currently open for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023. This program provides students with the chance to gain professional and hands-on experience at the bank. The Program selects candidates through a competitive process that considers the needs of the Bank. Selected individuals will work in various departments, both at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, and in regional and country offices. However, due to the current situation, interns will be completing their internship remotely until the Bank’s offices can safely reopen.
The African Development Bank (AfDB), founded in 1964, is a leading pan-African institution committed to driving economic growth and social progress throughout the continent. It has 81 member countries, with 54 being African countries (Regional Member Countries). The AfDB’s mission is to provide financial and technical support to transformative projects that can effectively combat poverty through sustainable and inclusive economic development. The Ten-Year Strategy (2013-2022) has identified five key areas, known as the “High 5s,” to increase its developmental impact. These areas are energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration, and improving the quality of life for Africans. The Internship program is a component of the Talent Management Framework which helps the Bank achieve its goals outlined in the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s.
Objectives of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
Eligible Fields of Study for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023:
- Interns must have studied in fields related to the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Students working on projects directly related to the mission of the Bank will be given priority.
Eligibility for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023:
- Applicants must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than 30 years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- Applicants can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Applicants must be nationals of the Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Applicants must provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages such as English or French.
- Applicants must be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Strategic Focus areas of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023:
The Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy and gender strategy guide the specific disciplines and professional areas of focus, which align with the job families of the Bank. Additionally, emphasis will be placed on the following areas below:
- Power, Energy, Climate, and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
Method of Application for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023:
Interested applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). Should applicants encounter technical difficulties in submitting their application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.