United Nations University Internship Program 2022
The United Nations are calling on fresh graduates who seek to work in the UN to apply for their ongoing University Junior Fellows Internship for the 2022-2023 academic session. The programme is open for all global graduates who wish to further their career in the UNU.
The programme is aimed to building high intellectual graduates by creating a dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience and is governed by the Office of the Rector. Successful applicants will be given free membership to work at the UN headquarter and will be opened to many other opportunities as well as exposure to like minds all over the world.
The UNU internship programme have been in existence for more than 2 decades now, and also keen to providing successful applicant better living conditions and jobs. This promoting their interactions and dialogues between young scholars, professionals in the UNU. The program is also set aside to help in graduates to get acquainted to the activities of the Office of the Rector and the work of UNU, thus, providing series of opportunities as well as support throughout the internship period.
Company/Organisation(s): United Nations University
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Tokyo, Japan
Program Duration: 3-4 months
Available Slot: Not Specified
Basic Qualifications: Recent graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 United Nations University Internship Program
- Interested applicant must have completed or currently pursing a masters or doctoral degree in a the university within a space of 2 years.
- Interested applicant must not be above 32 years at the time of application.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a related field.
- Applicant must be fluent both in spoken and written English;
- Applicant is expected to posses a good research, writing and analytical skills;
- Interested applicant must posses good working and human relationships.
- Applicant must be demonstrates resourceful and also a good problem solver.
- Interested applicant must be good with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Interested applicant must have prior interest for working with the United Nations.
- The UNU Junior Fellow Interns are entitled to 1.5 days of leave per month.
- The Interns are provided office space and facilities, as appropriate for their work.
- The interns receive a monthly stipend which includes a transportation allowance for their commute to and from UNU headquarters building.
- They are given access to the UNU headquarter library
- They are given free membership to the UNU headquarter gym
Application Process for the UNU Internship Program 2022
Interested applicants for this internship program are recruited through a competitive application process twice per year and it’s details can be found on the ‘Junior Fellows Internship‘ section of the website. Applications after deadline might only be treated in the next round or the applicant might need to re-apply.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2022.
For more information, visit the Official Website.