TSL International Schools Essay and Debate Competition 2024
Suitably qualified students who wish for their views to be heard about nature are invited to submit applications for the TSL International Schools Essay and Debate Competition 2024. This is an opportunity to receive several prizes and awards and also contribute to the sustainability of nature.
TSL is eager to listen to students’ individual perspectives regarding how they believe nature can contribute to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within their local communities. Students are encouraged to approach this subject in a manner that resonates with them personally. They have the freedom to select a specific SDG or even multiple SDGs that they believe are significant challenges in their communities and delve into how nature can play a role in enhancing these circumstances. We strongly urge students to infuse their own personal viewpoints, outlooks, and encounters to breathe life into their ideas and aspirations.
Every student is encouraged to submit a single essay written in English that explores the topic: “In what ways can nature assist us in attaining the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) in my local community?”
The essay length varies by age as follows:
- Primary students (ages 7-11): 400 words
- Secondary and College students (ages 12-18): 600 words
Minimum Requirement to Include in Bibliography:
- Name and version of the generative AI system used; e.g. ChatGPT-3.5
- Publisher (the company that made the AI system); e.g. OpenAI
- URL of the AI system.
- Brief description (single sentence) of the context in which the tool was used.
- The prompt(s) used to generate a response in the AI system.
As an illustration, I recognize my utilization of ChatGPT 3.5 (Open AI, https://chat.openai.com) for summarizing my initial notes and for reviewing my final draft.
Prizes for the TSL International Schools Essay and Debate Competition 2024;
The ultimate Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of £1000, along with £500 for their school. Additionally, one runner-up will receive a trophy and a cash prize of £500, with £250 designated for their school (cash prizes will be provided in the local currency). All Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists, Honourable Mentions, and participants in the International Debate will receive personalized e-certificates to commemorate their involvement.
Key Dates for the TSL International Schools Essay and Debate Competition 2024;
- 08 September 2023TSL 2024 Essay Competition Launch – NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS. Registration open for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in TSL 2024 Essay Competition.
- 18 January 2024Final deadline for essay entries.
- 14 March 2024 Announcement of International Essay Competition Finalists & Honourable Mentions on TSL websites.
- 18 April 2024Top Ten Finalists from Primary and Secondary categories notified via Teacher Champion.
- 18-22 AprilInvitations to participate in the International Student Debates sent to eligible students via their Teacher Champion.
- 14 March – 31 July 2024Country Debates.
- Summer 2024International Schools Debate & Awards (online) Dates TBC.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.