The Bill Gates Scholarship Program 2022-2023 In USA (Fully-Funded)
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are inviting highly intellectual international students from several nations who wish to take up a degree program or study in USA to enroll for the ongoing Gates Scholarship program for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship programme is a fully funded one with other benefits and stipends awarded to successful applicants. It’s a very competitive scheme and often considered as one of the toughest undergraduate scholarship program in the country as applicants will need to have a solid academic background prior to applying for the award. The program is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program have been invoke for more than 2 decades now, and targets high performing students with good academic records and aims to support students full cost of attendance as specified by their college or university. The TGS is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Host Institution(s): Universities and Colleges in USA.
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: 300 per year.
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: please see eligibility and selection criteria section (below).
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022-2023 Gates Scholarship Program;
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Application Process for the Gates Scholarship Program 2022-2023 In USA;
Interested students who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected submit and complete application process using the Online Application Portal on or before the deadline.
Application Deadline: Sept 15, 2022
Other important dates:
AVAILABLE: July 15, 2022
SEMIFINALIST PHASE: Dec – Jan, 2023
SELECTION: Apr, 2023
AWARDS: July – Sept, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.