Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program 2023 at WACSI
The Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program 2023 at WACSI is a 6 months internship program offered to suitably qualified students and recent graduates from all nationalities who are interested in enhancing their civic consciousness and developing their professional capacity at the West Africa Civil Society Institute in Accra, Ghana.
The Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program will be embedded in WACSI’s core areas of work such as Policy Influencing, Advocacy, and Knowledge Management, and scheduled to last for a period of 6 months in Accra, Ghana. The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is offering a fully funded internship, which includes the flight to and from the intern‘s home country, furnished accommodation, lunch during working days, and a monthly stipend for the duration of the internship. This opportunity is dedicated to helping civil society organizations in West Africa become more sustainable and operationally and developmentally effective.
The West Africa Civil Society Institute is a civil society knowledge-sharing hub and a credible center of learning with continental and international recognition.
SEE ALSO: EPFL Master Excellence Fellowships 2023
Internship Sponsor(s): Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program
Host Institution(s): The West Africa Civil Society Institute in Accra, Ghana
Internship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Students & Recent Graduates
Nationality: Students from all Nationalities
Job Role for the Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program 2023 at WACSI:
- Conduct desktop research on policy and legislative issues
- Assist in gathering information and writing reports for policy meetings
- Assist in policy meetings and workshop preparation
- Assist in the development of policy advocacy training tool
- Support other administrative tasks
Eligibility for the Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program 2023 at WACSI:
- Applicants must come from the West Africa sub-region.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a first degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, law, development studies or related fields.
- Applicants should also show an interest in civil society and non-profit organization management.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a high proficiency in English, French or Portugese and a working knowledge of one other.
- The successful intern will spend a substantial part of her/his internship working at the WACSI office in Accra, Ghana.
- Interns must be able to complete the six-month internship program.
Benefits of the Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program 2023 at WACSI:
- Fully funded internship
- The institute will support interns fully with flights to and from their home country
- Furnished accommodation
- Lunch during working days for the duration of the internship
- A monthly stipend
Method of Application for the Policy Influencing and Advocacy Internship Program 2023 at WACSI:
Interested applicants are required to submit applications online for the internship program.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.