NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship 2023 in South Africa
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) provides the Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship 2023 in South Africa, to South African youths aged 35 and under who wish to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program for the 2023/2024 academic session but lack the financial means to do so. This scholarship grants them the chance to study at public universities or universities of technology throughout South Africa.
The Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship offers fully funded Undergraduate scholarships and Postgraduate scholarships to financially support those pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the priority growth sectors and critical, scarce skills areas designated in the country’s labor planning frameworks.
The NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship in South Africa was created in commemoration of the life of 23-year-old Solomon Kalushi Mahlanga, who was wrongfully accused of terrorism and murder, and ultimately executed by the apartheid laws. His funeral was attended by a large crowd of people who reacted with fear and shock, and the authorities buried him in Mahlangu in Atteridgeville, Pretoria. The primary purpose of this fund is to provide educational opportunities to those in rural areas, with the goal of increasing the chances of employability or entrepreneurship, as there is a positive correlation between education level and these outcomes.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)
Host Institution(s): Public Universities and Universities of Technology in South Africa
- Accommodation (thresholds apply)
- Study Books/equipment (thresholds apply)
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: South African Students
Eligibility for the NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship 2023 in South Africa:
- Applicants must apply for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st-year full-time student in a priority study.
- Applicants must be high school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or universities of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate.
- Applicants must meet the University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 years.
- Applicants must have financial neediness such as a combined household income of less than R15 000 a month.
- Applicants must reside in rural/semi-rural areas/townships.
Method of Application for the NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship 2023 in South Africa:
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in this opportunity should submit an application online through the NYDA website or send a printed, completed form to the address specified in the Applications section. Faxing or direct submissions to universities or NYDA offices will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.