MEXT Scholarships 2023 at Kumamoto University in Japan
The MEXT Scholarships 2023 at Kumamoto University in Japan are offered to outstanding students from the list of eligible countries who are desiring to undertake a master’s or Ph.D. degree program at the university for the 2023/2024 academic session to receive financial support such as a stipend of 145,000 yen per month and other awesome benefits.
The MEXT Scholarships is funded by the Japanese Government to offer outstanding international students at the university a Master’s scholarship and Ph.D. scholarship designed to support their wish to study in Japan with excellent academic credentials to be enrolled in a degree program with a stipend of 145,000 yen per month and an economy class travel ticket to and from Japan.
Kumamoto University is a Japanese national university located in Kumamoto, Kumamoto Prefecture in the Kyushu region of Japan. It was established on May 31, 1949.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The MEXT Scholarships by the Japanese Government
Host Institution(s): Kumamoto University in Japan
- A stipend of 145,000 yen per month
- Economy class travel ticket to and from Japan.
Eligible Field of Study:
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Conservation Engineering
- Environmental Management and Planning
- Architecture and Environment Planning
- Building Materials and Structures
- Advanced Mechanical Systems
- Intelligent Mechanical Systems
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science and Communication Engineering
- Frontier Technology for Energy and Devices
- Human and Environmental Informatics
- Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Materials Science and Engineering.
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Nationality: Students from Angola, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Cape Verde, Gabon, Cameroon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Djibouti, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Eswatini, Seychelles, Equatorial Guinea, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania, Chad, Central Africa, Togo, Nigeria, Namibia, Niger, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, South Africa, Mozambique, Mauritius, Mauritania, Liberia, Rwanda, Lesotho, South Sudan, Mongolia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, United States of America, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Guyana, Colombia, Suriname, Chile, Paraguay, Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, Albania, Ukraine, Austria, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, Moldova, Russia.
Eligibility for the MEXT Scholarships 2023 at Kumamoto University in Japan:
- Master’s applicants must possess excellent academic records in a 4 years undergraduate program
- Ph.D. applicants must possess a 2 years master’s program from an accredited institution in related fields.
- Applicants must have a student visa from any of the above-mentioned countries when entering Japan.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health.
- Applicants must have good English communication skills equivalent to or more than B2 level of CEFR.
Method of Application for the MEXT Scholarships 2023 at Kumamoto University in Japan:
Once supervision has been secured by a supervisor at the university, interested applicants are to submit the required documents below to the Academic/International Affairs Section via express postal to gsst–firstname.lastname@example.org–u.ac.jp.
- Application form
- Field of study and research plan
- Health certificate
- Academic certificates and certified official transcripts in English
- Summaries of bachelor or master’s thesis in English
- Applicant’s passport or an official certificate of citizenship
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or a research supervisor
- Letter of consent from the applicant’s employer
- The official score of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS
- A letter of commitment to studies at Kumamoto University when selected for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.