KAS-SAIIA Scholarship 2023 for African Students
Suitably qualified African students who are looking to study a master’s degree are invited to submit application for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship 2023 for African Students for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This distinctive Master’s scholarship initiative offers financial assistance to pursue a year-long internship at SAIIA, concurrently with undertaking a Master’s program in disciplines such as International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law, or Journalism at WITS, UCT, or Stellenbosch University. Applicants who are selected must satisfy the admission criteria for a Master’s degree at the aforementioned institutions, possess South African residency (or qualify for residency status), and be under the age of 30.
Accepted individuals will be granted a comprehensive scholarship that covers their tuition expenses and provides a monthly allowance to support their living expenses and housing. The program places a strong emphasis on achieving specific outcomes and assigns mentors to guide the scholars.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a globally active German political foundation that bears the name of the inaugural chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. KAS’s mission is to advance democracy through the provision of political education and training on an international scale.
Starting in 1999, KAS has been providing financial support for a scholarship program administered by the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): KAS-SAIIA
Host Institution(s): WITS, UCT, or Stellenbosch University
Scholarship Worth: Full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship 2023 for African Students:
- Applicants must meet all conditions as outlined in the agreement.
- Applicants may be required to show proof that they are enrolled, or have been accepted to a Master’s program, commencing in 2024 at the following institutions: Wits, UCT, or Stellenbosch University.
- Successful applicants will receive an official ‘offer’ email and must reply either accepting or rejecting this offer within 14 days of receipt.
- Failure to respond within 14 days may result in the scholarship offer being withdrawn and reassigned. Scholarships are awarded based on established eligibility criteria. You must meet the eligibility requirements to receive your scholarship The eligibility requirements for each scholarship are outlined on the scholarship page of our website.
- Providing false or misleading information is an offense. If KAS and SAIIA have reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, we may reassess your scholarship offer and you will be liable to repay the total sum of any payments incorrectly made to you.
- All scholarship holders must be South African residents or eligible for residency at the time of application.
- Applicants should be no older than 30 years old.
Method of Application for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship 2023 for African Students:
Interested applicants are to submit the following required documents:
- A letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers for enrolment into a Masters Programme.
- A full CV that includes at least one additional written reference with your application.
- Your full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- A two-page motivation of why you are applying for the scholarship program and why you should be considered as an applicant.
- Completed quiz (open for qualifying applicants only)
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.