Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship 2023
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit applications for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship 2023, which will commence research work for the academic session of 2023/2024.
The Postdoctoral Research Program offers scientists who have recently achieved a doctoral degree in the natural sciences the chance to collaborate with research groups or leading experts in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions spread throughout Canada through the Ph.D. scholarship. Consequently, the Government of Canada gains valuable advantages from fresh and promising talent.
The Postdoctoral Research Program is seeking recent graduates in the field of natural sciences to join its ranks. This program is a collaborative effort between Natural Resources Canada, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Health Canada, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
By conducting research, federal research scientists play a crucial role in informing strategic decisions, policies, regulations, and programs. Their work contributes to building a strong foundation of scientific knowledge. Research scientists align their efforts with departmental mandates to achieve specific outcomes and are constantly exploring new possibilities to deliver programs and meet future departmental needs. Their work involves conceptualization, identification, formulation, and implementation of innovative approaches.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Host Institution(s): Universities in Canada
Scholarship Worth: Salary Range between $58,563 and $113,877
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Eligibility for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship 2023:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Applicants must be admitted into a Ph.D. degree program.
- Applicants must have obtained a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Applicants must currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, however, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Applicants must have experience in planning and conducting research.
- Applicants must have experience in working with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Applicants must have experience resulting in a recognized achievement in the form of authorship and editorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications. This experience must have been acquired through one of the following means:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems;
- Operational research and scientific analysis;
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign programs in research and development, or;
- Developmental work leading to the issue of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs, and/or recognition by the professional community of the research environment.
Method of Application for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship 2023:
In order to be considered for the Government of Canada’s Postdoctoral Research Scholarship 2023, applicants are encouraged to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding to submit their application online for the program.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.