Fully Funded Tarbell Fellowship 2023 for Early-Career Journalists
Are you a promising early-career journalist with the potential for significant growth? Are you eager to gain cutting-edge knowledge and stay pertinent in the digital era? If so, don’t miss the opportunity to submit your application for the Tarbell Fellowship 2023/2024 for early-career journalists.
The Tarbell Fellowship is a year-long program designed for emerging journalists who are dedicated to making a positive impact on the world. This fellowship offers a distinctive chance to engage in impactful journalism, focusing on subjects that have the potential to profoundly influence the well-being of billions, including global poverty and existential threats.
Fellows are granted a stipend of up to $50,000 to assist them during their placements at prominent publications or while pursuing independent freelance reporting. The program includes valuable components such as presentations by experts, feedback, and guidance from seasoned journalists, as well as a two-week journalism summit held in Oxford. After completing the fellowship, participants are encouraged to infuse their impact-oriented insights into leading newsrooms and publications worldwide. The Tarbell Fellowship for 2024 is scheduled to run from January through December of that year.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Tarbell Fellowship
Host Organization (s): Tarbell
Program Type: Fellowship
Fellowship Duration: Not specified
Number of Slots: Not Mentioned
Basic Qualification: Graduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Tarbell Fellowship 2023 for Early-Career Journalists:
- Applicants must be ambitious for impact. A commitment to improving the world. Many fellows will have a demonstrated passion for and familiarity with one or more of our areas of interest.
- Applicants must be passionate about journalism. Previous newsroom experience (including at student newspapers) or comparable experience in a field such as law or research is desirable but not necessary. We seek to support early-career journalists and will prioritize potential over experience.
- Applicants must have excellent writing skills. A creative approach to storytelling combined with the ability to quickly get to the heart of a new topic. Fellows must be able to produce compelling copy under tight deadlines.
- Applicants must be relentless. The ability to doggedly pursue your goals and persevere in the face of adversity. Fellows must be willing to work hard and be capable of withstanding repeated rejection.
- Applicants must be open-minded. The desire to understand the truth of any given story, even when it conflicts with prior beliefs. Fellows must be open to criticism and recognize ways they can improve their writing and thinking.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Tarbell Fellowship 2023 for Early-Career Journalists:
Prospective candidates aiming to secure the Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists in 2024 must submit an online application before the specified deadline. This application will entail the submission of their CV, responses to brief inquiries, and the provision of 1-3 writing samples.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.