Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship 2023 at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
The Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship 2023 at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates who aspire to enroll in a degree program at the university for the academic session of 2023 – 2024.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers this Undergraduate scholarship and Postgraduate scholarship with the goal of boosting international competitiveness and fostering active exchange among international students in Japanese universities.
Outstanding international students, recommended by Asian Pacific University (APU), are eligible for this scholarship. APU Graduate School provides multiple scholarship opportunities during the application period. To be considered for this particular scholarship, applicants need to apply to the university first, and from the pool of applicants, APU will select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) is a private, international university located in Beppu, Oita Prefecture, Japan. It was established in 2000 and is part of the Ritsumeikan Trust, a prestigious educational institution in Japan. APU’s unique feature is its multicultural and bilingual education environment. The university offers programs in both English and Japanese, attracting students from over 100 countries. This diverse student body fosters cross-cultural understanding and global perspectives, making APU an ideal destination for students seeking a truly international experience.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Host Institution(s): Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU)
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded to cover
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship 2023 at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University:
- Applicants must intend to study abroad in Japan overseas.
- Applicants must be nationals of a MEXT-designated country.
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1989.
- Applicants must have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university.
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- The score validity period requirement for the English Proficiency Test Score: Only scores of examinations taken on or after March 23, 2022, will be accepted.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship 2023 at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University:
To apply for the MEXT (UR) Scholarship for International Students, interested applicants should adhere to the following steps:
- Submit the APU application by November 15, 2023 (for September 2024 Enrolment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified of their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.