Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 at University of Helsinki
In collaboration with the University of Helsinki, the Fulbright Finland Foundation provides the Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 at University of Helsinki. This prestigious award is open to students from the United States, Finland, and around the world who have been admitted to one of the University’s International Master’s Degree Programs.
The University of Helsinki provides a variety of International Master’s Degree Programs that are conducted in English. Some of these programs are offered in collaboration with other Finnish or foreign universities. Students enrolled in these two-year programs will experience a genuinely international learning environment, interacting with fellow students from Finland and diverse backgrounds worldwide. The Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 is an opportunity for both domestic and international students to benefit from a Master’s scholarship for the entire duration of their studies.
The University of Helsinki is a renowned institution of higher education located in Helsinki, Finland. Established in 1640, it is the oldest and largest university in Finland. The university is internationally recognized for its high academic standards and research contributions across various fields. The university offers a wide range of study programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. It encompasses multiple faculties and departments, covering disciplines such as humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, law, medicine, and more. Many of these programs are available in English, making it an attractive destination for international students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Fulbright Finland Foundation
Host Institution(s): The University of Helsinki in Finland
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 at University of Helsinki;
- Applicants who are going to complete a full Master’s Degree Program at the University of Helsinki.
Benefits of the Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 at University of Helsinki;
- The Award includes a monthly grant of EUR 1 000 (paid for nine months)
- The grantee will also be provided with a travel award (USD 1600),
- Residence permit allowance (based on the actual permit fees, incl. grantee and accompanying family members, funded by the Foundation) and
- A supplemental accident and sickness benefit (ASPE).
- Based on the agreement with the Fulbright Finland Foundation, the University of Helsinki provides a full tuition scholarship (EUR 13 000 – 18 000 depending on the program). The scholarship is granted also for the second year of Master’s studies provided that the grantee has been successful in their studies during the first year.
- In addition, the grantee will be eligible, free of charge, to participate in a Fulbright Finland Foundation pre-approved summer school in Finland consisting of courses in the Finnish language, culture, and society, pending the availability of suitable programs.
- Opportunity to apply for additional funding from the Lois Roth Foundation. (This funding is applied for after arrival to Finland.)
- Alumni network and activities provided for the grantees of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs.
- The University of Helsinki alumni network, Helsinki Alumni, invites all Fulbright grantees and scholars to the alumni network to benefit from the network activities already during their stay at the university. Signing up is cost-free. The activities for the UH USA Alumni and Friends network are open also for those, who still consider whether to apply to become the University of Helsinki Fulbright grantees.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 at University of Helsinki;
The application process for the Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 consists of two parts: the Fulbright grant competition and the university admission process. Please refer to the comprehensive application information specific to Finland. The final selection for the Fully Funded Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 is conducted by the Fulbright Finland Foundation, based in Helsinki.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.