Fully Funded Fulbright FLTA Program 2023 for Foreign Graduates
Applications are currently being accepted for the Fully Funded Fulbright FLTA (Foreign Language Teaching Assistant) Program 2023 for Foreign Graduates for the 2023/2024 academic year. This fully funded program provides an opportunity for graduates and educators from over 50 countries to teach their native language in the United States.
Sponsored by the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), the Fulbright FLTA Program is an integral component of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. Its primary objective is to enhance Americans’ understanding of foreign languages and cultures through the provision of teaching assistantships in over 30 languages at numerous higher education institutions across the United States.
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Fulbright FLTA Program 2023 for Foreign Graduates:
Kindly note that to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program, all candidates must receive a nomination from a U.S. Embassy or a Fulbright Commission or meet the following criteria below:
- Reside in the country of nomination at the time of application.
- Possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record; Master’s degrees are highly desirable at many institutions.
- Are you an early career teacher of English or training to become a teacher of English, or are you an early career educator in a related field with prior teaching experience? If yes, you are eligible to apply.
- Have a sincere interest in teaching your native language and culture to students in the U.S.
- Are fluent in English, as demonstrated by a recent score of no less than 550 (Paper Based TOEFL), 79-80 (Internet Based TOEFL – IBT), or 6.0 (Overall Score International English Language Testing System – IELTS); test scores can be submitted to IIE by indicating the institutional code 2326 on the day of the test.
Duration for the Fully Funded Fulbright FLTA Program 2023 for Foreign Graduates:
The Fulbright FLTA grant provides a non-renewable opportunity for one academic year, typically spanning around 9 to 10 months. It is important to note that the FLTA program is non-degree focused. If you have aspirations for a degree-seeking program, it is recommended to explore the Fulbright Foreign Student Program instead.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Fulbright FLTA Program 2023 for Foreign Graduates:
If you believe that you possess the qualities and qualifications that align with the FLTA program, you are strongly encouraged to submit your application through the provided link. However, before initiating the application process, it is crucial to inform the Fulbright FLTA Program affiliate in your home country. To assist you further, here is a comprehensive list of participating countries, along with their respective contact information.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.