Entrance Awards 2024 for International Students at University of Winnipeg
New international students who graduate from a high school outside of Canada will automatically receive the Entrance Awards 2024 for International Students at University of Winnipeg upon successful application when they commence their studies at the university in the upcoming academic year.
Certain awards will be automatically granted depending on your admission average, while others will necessitate an application. International students who successfully secure entrance awards requiring an application must enroll in classes during the session for which the award was extended. The Undergraduate scholarship is partially funded.
The University of Winnipeg is a public research university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It was established in 1871 as Manitoba College and later merged with Wesley College in 1938 to form the University of Winnipeg. The university offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines, emphasizing a commitment to academic excellence, social justice, and community engagement. The campus is situated in the heart of Winnipeg, providing students with access to a vibrant urban environment and a diverse community.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Winnipeg
Host Institution(s): University of Winnipeg in Canada
Scholarship Worth: Partial funding
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the Entrance Awards 2024 for International Students at University of Winnipeg:
- Applicants must have a minimum 85% grade average from the grade 12 high school courses used for general admission.
- Applicants must not have attended any other post-secondary institute previously other than for dual credit high school/post-secondary courses.
- Students admitted on letters of permission or post-secondary transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions will not be eligible.
- Applicants must submit a UWinnipeg admission application no more than 6 months following high school graduation.
- Applicants must submit a completed application for admission, including all application fees and all supporting documentation, no later than the award eligibility deadline for the desired first term of study.
- Applicants must not have been selected for other UWinnipeg entrance awards. New international students with multiple UWinnipeg award offers will receive one entrance award, whichever has the greatest value.
- Once selected to receive an International Special Entrance Scholarship, students must register for the following minimum number of credit hours according to their first term of study:
- Fall term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms within the first academic year.
- Winter term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in the winter term and either a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum of 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
- Spring term start: Register for a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum of 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
Method of Application for the Entrance Awards 2024 for International Students at University of Winnipeg:
Prospective applicants need only apply for admission by the designated deadline, after which they undergo an automatic evaluation for scholarships. In certain instances, no further actions are necessary.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.