Cybersafe Foundation CyberGirls Fellowship Program 2023 for young girls and women
Suitably qualified young girls and women between the ages of 18 to 28 years of age who are living in an African country and passionate about starting a career in cyber security are invited to submit application for the 2023 Cybersafe Foundation CyberGirls Fellowship Program that gives participants the opportunity to a learning journey which begins with cyber security fundamentals.
The CyberGirls Fellowship Program is a free 1 year program initiated and funded by the Cybersafe Foundation to equips young girls and women between the ages 18 to 28 years old with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, positioning them to start a career in cybersecurity and helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world. During the course of the one year fellowship, fellows will be given hands-on cybersecurity training, and mentorship, become certification ready, and possibly get paid internship or job shadowing opportunities. The fellowship initiative aims to improve the socio-economic well being of young girls and women living in underdeveloped communities in Africa to contribute to fighting poverty & cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortage, and gender disparity in the tech industry, especially cybersecurity niche in particular.
The Cybersafe Foundation is Africa’s leading Non-Governmental Organization in the Digital Development domain, on a mission to facilitate pockets of change that ensure inclusive and safe digital access in the African continent. The NGO work to improve inclusive and safe digital uptake in Africa, especially for the most vulnerable in the society through their various initiatives with intense focus on helping vulnerable individuals and business in the African continent to better identify, protect detect and defend against cyber attacks.
Eligibility for the Cybersafe Foundation CyberGirls Fellowship Program 2023 for young girls and women:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 28 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country.
- Applicants must be passionate about starting a career in cybersecurity.
- Applicants must have English language proficiency both in writing and speaking.
- Applicants must have completed High school or Secondary school with excellent results.
- Applicants must be willing to withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training.
- Applicants must have stable access to internet connection.
- Applicants must be willing to devote 7 months of intensive training.
Learning Paths for the Cybersafe Foundation CyberGirls Fellowship Program 2023 for young girls and women:
- Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability and Assessment Penetration Testing
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Cloud Security
- Incidence Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1)
Application Deadline: December 4, 2022.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.