Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarship 2022-2023
The Society for Human Resource Management Foundation often shortened as SHRM are pleased to invite young and suitable applicants who wish to further their academic pursuit in the United States to enroll for their ongoing Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarship programme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship application is mainly for postgraduates and undergraduates and is a partially funded 2 awards which means the program will cover some part of the tuition fee and other benefits will be accorded to the successful applicants. The award is valued at about $10,000 to students who express a deep commitment to workplace mental health and wellness. The two award recipients will be honored during the SHRM Foundation Tharseo event in Chicago, Illinois scheduled for October 17-18, 2022. The award will cover airfare, hotel, transportation, and appropriate meals for recipients.
Applications are evaluated and scored by SHRM volunteers and/or SHRM staff. All decisions are final. If selected to receive the Undergraduate or Graduate Academic Scholarship, recipients will be required to provide proof of enrollment and college/university payment instructions. The SHRM Foundation will issue a check not to exceed $10,000 directly to the institution for payment of tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution of one graduate and one undergraduate student. Fees for books, supplies, room/board and equipment are not covered by this award.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): SHRM Foundation
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Awards: 2
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022/23 Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarship;
- Demonstrated track record of promoting mental health either through practice or through their academic studies.
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program or master’s/doctoral program with at least one full semester remaining before graduation (i.e., you must be enrolled in classes after Dec. 31, 2022).
- University must be a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Degree program is HR or HR-related (e.g. business, psychology, HR, org development, etc.).
- Minimum Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for an undergraduate or cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for a graduate program.
Note that each scholarship is a one-time award; however, previous applicants and past scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply. Full-time, part-time, online, and distance learning programs are acceptable and the scholarships are for college-degree programs only and may not be used to attend professional development seminars.
Application Procedures for the Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarship 2022-2023 (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected to submit their application using the Online Application Portal before the deadline, and also provide the below documents.
1. Contact information
2. Short answer questions about academic, volunteer, and promotion of mental health through practice or academic studies.
3. Current Resume
4. Transcripts from an accredited institution.
- Transcripts can be “unofficial”, but we reserve the right to request official transcript if additional verification is needed.
- Universities outside of the United States must be accredited by a widely recognized accrediting body within the country or by the agency or ministry that oversees higher education within the country
5. One Letter of Reference
Application Deadline: August 24, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.