2023 Iso Lomso Fellowships for Early Career African Researchers
Suitably qualified Early Career African Researchers who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa are invited to submit application for the fully funded 2023 Iso Lomso Fellowships that gives fellows the opportunity to spend about 10 months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long term research program.
The Iso Lomso Fellowships is targeted at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the last seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa and who have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD program in any discipline to be a part of the three years attachment to STIAS which helps fellows to develop and pursue a long term research program.
Iso Lomso is an isiXhosa word which means the eye of tomorrow, seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow. The organisation has kept to its true meaning from inception as it has groomed more researchers in Africa than one can imagine by providing fully funded financial aid plans to help support fellows with their research programs.
Eligibility for the 2023 Iso Lomso Fellowships for Early Career African Researchers:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any African country.
- Applicants must not be more than 42 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must have an affiliation at a research or higher institution of learning in Africa.
- Applicants must have obtained a doctoral degree from any worldwide recognized higher institution of learning not later than January 1, 2015.
- Applicants must have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research program.
- Applicants must be in a position to commence a first period of residency at STIAS during the fellowship period.
Benefits of the 2023 Iso Lomso Fellowships for Early Career African Researchers:
- an economy air flight cost
- Free accommodation
- Individual offices fully equipped
- Monthly stipend
- Access to the Stellenbosch University library
- Participation in the regular STIAS fellows program
- Child care subsidy for fellows accompanied by young children
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.