Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship 2024 in Canada
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is providing doctoral researchers with a chance to pursue their doctoral studies and research in the field of Social Sciences and Humanities during the 2024/2025 academic year at a Canadian university of their choosing. This opportunity is offered through the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship 2024.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship seeks exceptional candidates who possess remarkable capabilities to undertake innovative research that addresses real-life challenges. This Postgraduate scholarship aims to nurture scholars into transformative leaders who are keenly aware of the impact of their research and possess the ability to apply it effectively in everyday life.
The scholarship program will span a duration of three years, providing comprehensive support for the researcher’s doctoral studies. This includes a stipend, as well as allowances for research and travel expenses. As part of the Trudeau Foundation scholarship, scholars will have the valuable opportunity to undergo mandatory leadership training during their first year. This training will be facilitated by mentors from diverse sectors such as the public, private, and non-profit spheres.
During the second year, scholars will collaborate with mentors and fellows to jointly plan and participate in a public conference. The conference will be organized in a flexible manner, guided by the scholars themselves. In the third year of the program, scholars will actively engage in disseminating information and continue to work closely with their mentors and fellows. This collaborative effort aims to share the valuable lessons learned throughout their tenure with the Foundation.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
Host Institution(s): Universities in Canada
Scholarship Worth: See Details Below
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic and International Students
Eligibility for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship 2024 in Canada:
- Applicants must be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete their doctoral studies in 2026 or later.
- Applicants’ field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada.
- Applicants’ doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People, and their Natural Environment.
- Applicants must be e a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
Benefits of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship 2024 in Canada:
- Membership in a vibrant community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders in their respective disciplines and sectors
- Leadership training from our Mentors and Fellows, including unique experiential learning opportunities that enrich and complement their academic experience
- Opportunities to acquire greater proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English) as well as Indigenous languages
- Lifelong membership in the Foundation’s alumni network.
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses to focus on their doctoral studies and the Foundation’s leadership program
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, for the learning of languages (see below), for travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program, and for research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research.
Method of Application for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship 2024 in Canada:
To apply for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship for Doctoral Studies, prospective candidates must first create an account and complete the application form. As part of the application process, applicants will need to submit their academic transcripts and secure recommendations from their referees.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.