Mitacs Canada Globalink Research Internship 2023 Application
Mitacs is here today as they publishes their willingness to invite and welcome highly suitable and motivated students who wish to partake in their ongoing Globalink Research Internship application for the 2023 academic session currently taking place in Canada.
The internship program is a fully sponsored project which is opened for undergraduates from many nations, and will run for about 3 months with intensive training and mentorship from top leaders all over the world. The program is aimed at giving students chance to gain job as well as industry experiences in Canada, thus building perfect community of scholars.
Mitacs is a nonprofit national research organization that, in partnerships with Canadian academia, private industry and government, operates research and training programs in fields related to industrial and social innovation. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Program Type: Undergraduate Internships
Program Location: Canada
Program Duration: 12-weeks
Available Slots: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduate Students
Nationality: International Applicants
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 Mitacs Canada Globalink Research Internship;
- Interested applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Interested applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Interested applicant must have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2023 (see requirement by country)
- Interested applicant must meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Interested applicant must apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
- Interested applicant must be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Interested applicant must be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States.
Benefits of the Internship
- A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic, and innovative
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Application Procedures for the Mitacs Canada Globalink Research Internship 2023 Application (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this opportunity are expected to submit their application using the Application Portal Here on or before the deadline, and must provide all supporting documents including their “university transcripts” which is a major requirement and must be included in the application.
Application Deadline: September 27, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.