Government of New Zealand 2022 Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS)
The Government of New Zealand is pleased to welcome highly intelligent international student who wish to further their research studies in the country to take a chance on their ongoing Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships also known as NZ-GRADS for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship programme have been in existence for more than 10 decades now, and often considered as one of the most competitive PhD scholarship program in the country, and it’s aimed at luring top notch researchers to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation. The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of New Zealand
Host Institution(s): Recognized Universities in New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral
Nationality: International Students
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships;
- Interested applicant must be an international student.
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Interested applicant must not hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- Interested applicant must come from a developing country. Check here for current classification.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
Application Process for the Government of New Zealand 2022 Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS);
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this scholarship are expected to submit an application through the Education New Zealand online application portal on or before the deadline, and must provide the below documents.
To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments need to be uploaded in the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Meet the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.