World Trade Organisation (WTO) PhD 2022 Internship Scholarship Program
It’s another year and the application for the world trade (WTO) Ph.D. Scholarship is now officially open for every interested candidate. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments.
The World Trade Organisation Support Programme for Doctoral Studies (also known as the Ph.D. Internship Programme) aims to support the development of academic expertise on WTO issues in developing countries. The WTO Secretariat invites doctoral students from developing countries to conduct research at the WTO and provides them with mentoring/advice in close collaboration with the students’ academic supervisors.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Trade Organisation (WTO)
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Not Stated
Country Of Study: Switzerland
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study level: PhD Scholarship
Gender: Men And Women
Eligible Criteria for the World Trade Organisation (WTO) 2022 PhD Scholarship
- The program is open to doctoral students from Developing and Least-Developed Countries and customs territories that are WTO Members (or engaged in WTO accession negotiations). Government officials are not eligible to apply to the program.
- Applicants must be undertaking a WTO-related Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, law, international relations, or other relevant disciplines.
- Applicants must be in the final stage of their Ph.D. As a general guideline, a minimum of 75% of their thesis should be completed and submitted with their application.
- If the thesis is not in one of the three official WTO languages (English, French or Spanish) this will reduce the likelihood of acceptance to the program (which depends on the availability of WTO staff to serve as mentors).
- Applications must be accompanied by a written recommendation from the applicant’s academic supervisor plus a letter from the university attended by the applicant confirming that he/she is registered for a Ph.D. degree.
- Those who are accepted into the Ph.D. Support Programme will be requested to provide a medical certificate prior to the commencement of their residency
Benefits for the WTO PhD Internship Scholarship Program 2022
- Interns under the Ph.D. The internship Programme receives a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including weekends and official holidays falling within the selected period). In addition, travel expenses (economy class air fare) to and from Geneva are covered by the WTO.
- Medical health insurance coverage is mandatory in Switzerland, and interns are responsible for organizing their own health insurance prior to commencing their internship at the WTO.
Prior to accepting a candidate, the WTO Selection Committee may contact the applicant’s academic supervisor if further information is deemed necessary.
Interested Applicants, who meet the criteria are expected to complete these two steps for their application to be considered:
- Candidates who wish to participate in the WTO Support Programme for Doctoral Studies are invited to fill out the application form
- Send a separate email to ChinaProgramme@wto.org to indicate your interest in the China WTO Accessions Internship Programme, with a copy of the online application form attached to the e-mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more details, visit HERE