Impact Amplifier Africa Online Safety Fund 2023
Applications for the Impact Amplifier Africa Online Safety Fund 2023 are currently ongoing. Grants worth up to $50,000 from the Africa Online Safety Fund will be given to organizations that tackle any of the safety risks that come with using the internet.
Impact Amplifier is now accepting applications for its Africa Online Safety Fund 2023. In the last decade, the internet has become increasingly widespread in Africa, with over 520 million people, or 40% of the population, now connected. This has presented many new opportunities for socioeconomic growth, with the potential for the Internet economy to add up to $180 billion to Africa’s economy by 2025.
The Africa Online Safety Fund has three levels of funding: Transformative, Maturing, and Catalytic. Transformative projects are designed to be expansive, able to reach many people and regions, and have the potential to grow. Maturing projects are meant to experiment, expand existing projects, and reach new people. Catalytic projects are intended to be more modest, with a focus on local or cultural areas.
Eligibility for the Impact Amplifier Africa Online Safety Fund 2023:
- Applicants can be public benefit organizations, private or from the public sector as no individual applicants will be considered.
- The Fund is open to organisations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa but is prioritising Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
- Applicants must submit only completed applications as anything short of that will not be considered.
Grant for the Impact Amplifier Africa Online Safety Fund 2023:
The Transformative grants have a maximum of $50,000, Maturing grants have a maximum of $25,000 and Catalytic Grants have a maximum of $10,000. In addition to aligning with the category descriptions, organizations cannot ask for more than 50% of their annual budget.
Selection Criteria for the Impact Amplifier Africa Online Safety Fund 2023:
The primary criteria that will be used to select successful applicants include:
- INNOVATION AND REPLICATION: What is the level of novelty in the intervention/service? Does it introduce new components or is it based on existing models of online safety interventions? Can it be used as a model for other interventions or does it replicate successful online safety interventions from different geographies?
- SOCIAL IMPACT: What is the scale of the online safety problem being addressed? What is the potential social impact of the intervention? What is the potential impact if the intervention is scaled beyond the current plan? Can it in fact be ramped up? (Is it cost-effective, sustainable, and replicable?)
- POTENTIAL FOR SUCCESS: How likely is the intervention to achieve its stated goals?
- MANAGEMENT TEAM: What are the strengths and experience of the management team and the precedent set by the team in terms of cooperation, achieving goals, and beneficiaries served?
- FINANCIAL EFFICIENCY: Is the funding requested an efficient use of resources? How does the amount request, the scope of the problem to be addressed, and the beneficiaries to be reached compared to other applicants?
- SUSTAINABILITY: Can the intervention planned become financially sustainable beyond this grant? If so, how and to what scale?
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.