European Commission’s Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023
Applications are now being accepted for the European Commission’s Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023, the European Union’s prestigious journalism award. Journalists interested in applying should submit their eligible stories for consideration. Applications for reporting can be made in any language, however, must be accompanied by a translation in either English, French, Spanish, German, or Portuguese.
The Lorenzo Natali Prize has been rewarding journalistic excellence for over three decades now. Since its inception in 1992, it has been honoring work that focuses on crucial topics like inequality, poverty, climate change, education, and human rights in our communities. The Prize honors journalists from all over the globe who have highlighted the most urgent global issues with a €10,000 prize.
The European Commission is encouraging journalists to apply online for the opportunity to report on topics such as inequality, poverty eradication, sustainable development, environment, biodiversity, climate action, digital, jobs and employment, education and skills development, migration, healthcare, peace, democracy, and human rights.
Requirements for the European Commission’s Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023:
Reporters may submit their work in the form of written, audio-visual, or multimedia pieces in one of the following categories below.
- International Prize: Reporting published by a media outlet based in one of the European Union’s partner countries.
- Europe Prize: Reporting published by a media outlet based in the European Union.
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: Reporting by a journalist aged under 30 at the time of publication and published by a media outlet based in any of the countries eligible for the International and Europe Prizes.
Selection Criteria for the European Commission’s Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023:
- An international panel of esteemed journalists and representatives from influential NGOs will determine the recipients of each award.
- Each winner will be awarded €10 000. Additionally, the Best Emerging Journalist will be granted an opportunity to gain work experience with a media partner.
- The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize Award Ceremony in Brussels will be held in 2023, at which time the winners will be revealed.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.